Easy three-ingredient tomato soup


Source from inspired taste

PREP: 5mins

COOK: 30mins
TOTAL: 35mins
YOU WILL NEED (Makes 2 servings)
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1/2 large onion, cut into large wedges
  • 1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes ( you can use the whole peeled/crushed/fresh tomatoes)
  • 1 1/2 cups water( you can use vegetable stock/chicken stock)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt.
DIRECTIONS
  • Melt butter over medium heat in a Dutch oven or large saucepan.
  • Add onion, water, can of tomatoes with their juices, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
  • Bring to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for about 25-30 minutes. Stir occasionally and add additional salt as needed.
  • Blend the soup, and then season to taste.
  • Depending on what I have in kitchen, I may add cooking cream/milk/pepper/basil, etc.
PS: I just looked at this recipe the first time I tried. After that, I don't follow exactly the ratio, just put 3 ingredients based on my feeling that day :wink: .

Comments